Saturday, November 22, 2008

Well, after the aftermath of the panic attack from not taking action on my intuition and realizing that I have potentially left a lot of money on the table there are a couple of realizations.
Having the extra cushion of money led me to be complacent. I have needed to get off my duff and get creating, as in the form of contribution in the world and I have been easily distracted. The tight rope walk, is definitely a catalyst for movement.

I am in an amazing writing program, called Write/Speak with Barbara Sher and I have been squandering the time with distractions. Having extra money has lead to the perpetual perspective that 'I have time". This is a myth.

Barbara talks about isolation as a dream killer. Well so is inaction. The dream gets dulled and distant and begins to dissipate without attention. Every step, no matter how small is important.
It moves the energy from stalled to forward. Every step brings more clarity and opens the next door, increasing the reality of the dreams fulfillment.

4 comments:

Rachel Cornell said...

Drats I wrote a comment and it disappeared. I'll have to try again.

I said that I'm very glad you are "increasing the reality of the dreams fulfillment." It's not just you that will benefit from you fulfilling you dream, we all will.

So what about being on the tight rope is helping you get moving? Am I understanding you right?
Rachel

Susan Kuhn Frost said...

Inaction is the dreamkiller, and inaction comes from complacency. How I like that! Look forward to reading more.

J. Blair said...

Patricia,

I loved what you said about: "isolation as a dream killer. Well so is inaction. The dream gets dulled and distant and begins to dissipate without attention. Every step, no matter how small is important."

I've quoted you in my blog, and linked to this site.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Jennifer Blair

Patricia said...

Hey Jennifer,
Thank you for your comment. I am glad that perspective was useful. I keep learning it and relearning it. For me its the challenge of moving ahead, even when I'm not 'ready'. It always turns out I am more ready than I could know. Taking the action was the only way I could discover that.

I would love to see you blog. I bet there would be more to talk about. I found your favorite poems, which are wonderful, but not your other blog.
Let me know where it is, and I'll come visit.
Patricia